Work With One of the Most Seasoned & Respected Lawyers Serving Rhode Island
Bristol County Family Law Attorney
Family Lawyers in Massachusetts & Rhode Island
When it comes to family law, even common legal matters can be complicated, emotional, and challenging to settle. At the Law Office of Frank D. Camera, our Bristol County family lawyer combines thorough preparation with dedicated advocacy for each family law case we take.
Trust the Law Office of Frank D. Camera on these and other family law areas:
- Marriage Dissolution. Massachusetts is a “no-fault” divorce state. The plaintiff need only claim there has been an irretrievable breakdown of the marriage. There can be other grounds for the divorce, such as adultery, drug/alcohol addiction, desertion, and serving a jail sentence of at least five years. The general residency requirement for you to file for divorce is 12 months.
- Child Custody. Massachusetts child custody laws recognize joint custody; allow for visitation by grandparents; and consider the child's own wishes.
- Child Support. The court determines child support based on set guidelines that include each parent's income, daycare expenses, cost of medical insurance, and the living arrangements of the children.
- Prenuptial Agreement. These agreements usually center on how property and money acquired during the marriage will be characterized and how debts will be handled.
- Domestic Violence. Massachusetts domestic violence offenses can include crimes such as assault or sexual misconduct. Victims may bring civil charges in family court or criminal charges.
- Name Changes. This is part of the divorce settlement if the change is related to the end of a marriage. Other name changes go through a petition process. A judge can deny the new name if the change is “inconsistent with public interests.”
- Guardianship. The three types of guardianship are of a person, property, or both. An elderly parent or a disabled relative are examples of those who might need guardianship. Depending on the situation, a guardian may make medical decisions for the other, may ensure they have food or may determine how and where they invest money.
- Termination of Parental Rights. A parent’s rights may be terminated by the courts due to abuse, neglect, or abandonment, among other reasons. A parent can voluntarily terminate their rights, but the court must approve and determine that doing so is in the child’s best interest.
- Juvenile Matters. Examples include emancipation of a minor, Child Requiring Assistance, and a child arrested in a criminal matter.
Contact Our Bristol County Family Law Attorney Today
At the Law Office of Frank D. Camera, we will explain the laws affecting your situation and shepherd you through the entire process, including vigorously representing you in court, if necessary.
You can have confidence in our Bristol County family lawyer, Attorney Kathryn Blythe, who has earned the respect of the courts with her dedicated client advocacy. Her communications skills and approachability are two of the personal qualities most admired by our clients. She handles our Rhode Island cases.
Benefits of Hiring Our Bristol County Family Law Attorney
Even in situations where you believe that you and the other party can collectively come to an agreement, the discernment and knowledge of a skilled attorney can help protect you in both the short and long term. Our family law attorney can address questions you may not have considered and guide you through difficult scenarios.
Should a case become more antagonistic, having our firm with our extensive criminal defense background is the legal combination you want on your side.
Establishing a relationship with our talented family lawyer can also be helpful as situations change and cause the need to revisit and renegotiate custody, support, and other arrangements in the future. We know you, we know what’s important to you, and will always fight for your best interests.
He went head-on with the previously unwavering prosecutor.
His knowledge of the law, persistent level of action to uncover the truth, coupled with his commanding presence and dedication to his clients was nothing short of top-notch.- M.I.
He went the extra mile.
He did his job with so much passion, that if it wasn’t for Frank I don’t think I would have been acquitted.- H.G.
He is a charismatic lawyer in the courtroom, very respected, and determined.
This amazing, dedicated, profound man saved my life, and there is no exaggeration to that statement.- S.F.
Why Choose Us?
Hiring the Right Attorney Matters
Nearly 25 Years of Criminal Defense Experience
Extensive Experience Handling Serious High-Profile Federal & State Cases
Successfully Handled Hundreds of Trial Cases
Excellent Reputation & Relationships within the Justice System
Previous Results That Speak for Themselves
Exclusively Private Law Firm; No Court-Appointed Cases
Contact our Bristol County family law attorney to discuss your case at (877) 444-1098. Your first consultation is free.