Call Our Firm Today

Retired Boston School Teacher Pleads Not Guilty to Online Soliciting of Sex Acts From Minor


BARNSTABLE — His first arraignment took place in a Boston hospital. But yesterday, Caleb Greeson hobbled into a local courtroom to face his murder charge.

Investigators say that Greeson, 18, of Bourne fatally stabbed Daniel Cardoza, 22, of Bourne during a fight at a Sagamore Beach gas station last summer.

Hours later, he himself was stabbed near the Ella F. Hoxie School a short distance away from where the fight took place. He was taken to the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center to recover and appeared at Barnstable Superior Court on crutches for his arraignment yesterday.

He pleaded not guilty to all charges, which also included assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and assault and battery.

Judge Richard Connon agreed to keep him at the Barnstable County Correctional Facility, but his attorney, J. Drew Segadelli, reserved the right to argue for bail at a later date.

Just before Greeson’s arraignment, the man who is charged with stabbing him entered the courtroom.

Brandon Rogers-Andrews, 21, of Bourne, took a seat next to Cardoza’s family, bumping fists with the man next to him.

He then stood to face the charges against him — armed assault to murder and assault and battery with a dangerous

Greeson allegedly stopped at a house across the street from the school after the fight with Cardoza, his T-shirt covered in blood. The people in the house were friends of Cardoza, the murder victim, and chased Greeson to the parking lot, where he was stabbed, investigators say.

It was also unclear whether Greeson would cooperate with the investigation, but he has now agreed to do so, according to Harney.

But Rogers-Andrews’ attorney, Frank Camera, argued that it will be difficult for Greeson to provide statements to investigators without implicating himself. “It would surprise me if there’s not a Fifth Amendment issue there,” he said, citing the law that protects witnesses against self incrimination.

He asked that bail be kept at $2,000. “This clearly is a defensible case,” he said.

Connon agreed to keep the $2,000 bail, and Rogers-Andrews left the courtroom on his own.

Click here to read the full article: