Suffolk County Personal Injury Lawyer
Unfortunately, accidents happen and can leave you or a loved one feeling helpless and unsure of how to move forward. That is where the Law Office of Frank D. Camera and Associates, P.C. can help. Our personal injury attorneys in Suffolk County are here to advocate for you and fight for fair compensation. We understand accidents of all kinds can be life-changing and leave people with medical bills to pay and no way to earn a living. Do not let these things get you down. Trust your case with our experienced team.
Find out what we can offer you by scheduling a consultation. Call (877) 444-1098 or contact us online.
How Long After a Work Injury Can You Sue in Massachusetts?
In Massachusetts, you have four years from the date of your injury to file a lawsuit. This applies to work-related injuries and other similar personal injury cases. The statute of limitations is a law that sets a deadline for filing a lawsuit in court against the person or business that caused your accident or injury.
The Types of Damages a Person Can Recover in Massachusetts
At our personal injury firm, we have helped clients recover various damages for car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, bus, slip-and-fall, workplace, dog bite, and wrongful death accidents.
Our clients have recovered:
- Medical expenses such as the cost of treatment, hospital stays, medication, rehabilitation, and therapy.
- Lost wages from missed time at work.
- Compensation for emotional pain and suffering the accident caused.
- Payment for any disabilities or disfigurement that resulted from the accident.
- Punitive damages in cases where the guilty party acted especially negligently.
Can You Sue Your Employer for Injury in Massachusetts?
In Massachusetts, you can't sue your employer for a work-related injury if you're receiving workers' compensation benefits. Workers' compensation is the complete treatment for work-related injuries in Massachusetts.
Steps to Take After You Have Been Hurt in An Accident
If you have been injured in an accident and believe you ought to make a personal injury claim, there are several steps you should take to protect your rights and increase your chances of recovering compensation.
- Seeking medical attention. Your health and safety should be your priority. See a professional as soon as possible. Also, make sure to follow through with all necessary treatment.
- Documenting everything. If you can, take photos of the accident scene, gather contact information from witnesses, and preserve any physical evidence. You ought to also document your injuries and how they affect your life.
- Keeping track of your losses. Be sure to maintain a record of your medical expenses, lost wages, and any other costs that resulted from your injuries.
- Avoiding communication with insurance adjusters. Representatives from insurance companies will try to get you to settle for as little money as possible. Do not work with an adjuster until you consult a trusted attorney.
- Retaining a lawyer. As mentioned above, you will want to have an attorney on your side who can counsel you and advocate on your behalf at every turn of the claims or litigation process.
Get Our Help Today
We know that if you are visiting this page, it is likely you are in a difficult situation. Let our team of Suffolk County personal injury attorneys take a load off. Reach out to us today to schedule a consultation to discuss your situation. At our office, we take pride in being compassionate and attentive to detail. We are at the ready to hear your story and develop a strategy to seek the compensation you deserve.
To get started with us, call (877) 444-1098 or connect online.
He went head-on with the previously unwavering prosecutor.
His knowledge of the law, persistent level of action to uncover the truth, coupled with his commanding presence and dedication to his clients was nothing short of top-notch.- M.I.
He went the extra mile.
He did his job with so much passion, that if it wasn’t for Frank I don’t think I would have been acquitted.- H.G.
He is a charismatic lawyer in the courtroom, very respected, and determined.
This amazing, dedicated, profound man saved my life, and there is no exaggeration to that statement.- S.F.
Over 35 Years of Combined Criminal Defense Experience
Extensive Experience Handling Serious High-Profile Federal & State Cases
Successfully Handled Hundreds of Trial Cases
Excellent Reputation & Relationships within the Justice System
Previous Results That Speak for Themselves
Exclusively Private Law Firm; No Court-Appointed Cases